What is TJEd High!?
TJEd High! is an online liberal arts mentoring service for youth aged 13 and up, and is designed to motivate and empower serious Scholar Phase study, and enhance and leverage whatever other studies the youth is involved in - whether it be private studies with a local mentor; public, private or charter school; co-op/commonwealth/Vanguard, etc.; online courses; etc.
Who's it for?
- Youth, aged 13-18 who are prepared to do weekly readings and discussion at a basic level.
- A "Super-charged" honors level with additional readings and mentoring content is available at no additional cost for students who want to challenge themselves to even more depth and rigor.
What Does it Cost?
For Fall of 2017 only, we are offering the following low introductory rates, secured for the duration of your continuous enrollment:
- $45 per month /or/
- $55 per month in the MIC-High Bundle (more than 20% off for those who lock in this pricing during the first semester of TJEd High!) This Bundle includes our award-winning parent training/family learning series, "Mentoring in the Classics". We highly recommend this option for the family's best success in Leadership Education, so that everyone is benefiting from a great learning trajectory!
- After first youth in household enrolls at full price, additional youth cost just $15/month per student
How does it work?
Participants in TJEd High! receive:
- A study plan with weekly readings and assignments designed by Oliver DeMille, Ian Cox and Emma DeMille Cox
- Weekly video mentoring content (approximately 1-2 hours, pre-recorded so that students can view on-demand in any timezone)
- Midweek Bonus video mentoring (a brief, up-to-the-minute check-in, with one of your mentors giving feedback on the online discussions, sharing an epiphany, relating the week's studies to current events or personal experiences, sharing a "Transformational Model,", and otherwise amping you up to help you stay focused, inspired, and effective in your studies)
- Moderated online discussion throughout the week, in an exclusive environment accessible only to mentors and students enrolled in the course [THIS ONE IS HUGELY IMPORTANT! Watch for our videos on this topic in the TJEd Online Convention >>]
There will be weekly reading assignments for students, with additional, optional readings for those who want more rigor. Each Monday morning the week's Video Mentoring Content [VMC] will go live in our private online learning environment. This VMC will present special insights into the week's readings, and will include exposition of a "Transformational Model". Then, later in the week, participants will receive a short Mid-Week Mentoring with additional content to feed their excitement, keep them engaged and add depth to their studies. Examples of topics for Transformational Models and Mid-Week Mentoring planned for Fall 2017 include:
- Education for Career
- Economic Symbols in Literature
- How to Read Like a Leader
- The Wall, and The Dip
- When 1+1≠2
- Great Learning Secrets 1-7
What if I'm already enrolled in another program?
Students who are enrolled in public school, online high school, private or charter schools, Commonwealth schools, homeschooling co-ops, or other structured programs can use TJEd High! to be more inspired, study more passionately and effectively, and add increased depth and skills to their other studies.
Who are the mentors?
- Ian Cox, Lead Mentor
- Emma (DeMille) Cox, Lead Mentor
- Oliver DeMille, Lead Mentor
- Eliza (DeMille) Robinson, Mentor
- Oliver James DeMille, Mentor
- Missy (Nelson) DeMille, Mentor
- Freeborn DeMille, Mentor
Ian and Emma Cox [aged 28 and 25] are young, energetic, and very much in tune with the experience of gaining a great education in youth. They are a husband and wife team who are both personally mentored by Oliver DeMille in their now post-graduate level of studies. Ian and Emma are passionate about helping youth step up to the Love of Study, so that they spend their hours learning and refining their skills, broadening their exposure and deepening their understanding.
Subscribers to our Mentoring in the Classics series have raved at how their depth and insights not only speak to the parents, but motivate and inspire their children and youth! The TJEd High! online discussions will be moderated primarily by the Lead Mentors, with others from our TJEd team chiming in.
The TJEd High! Video Mentoring content will be presented by our Mentoring Team. Join us for TJEd High!